|Name||Preston Bruce Alden|
|Birthday||April 13th, 1986|
|Current Location||Davis, CA|
Are you interested in hiring Preston Bruce Alden for your media production?
My Mom and Dad love me and encourages me to slackline. Thanks Parents!
Sedona, AZ Trip: 12/21-2014 - 1/3/2015
- 12/22-12/23 - "The Mace" 90ft highline (tubular with rope backup) on The Cathedrals in Sedona, AZ [Wilson Cutbirth, Braden Mayfield, Josh Cross, Maxwell Sterling Silver, Robbi Ti, Phillip Pedry] ***Sedona's first highline put up by Josh Cross in 2003***
- 12/26-12/27 - "Hellla-Chosser" 145ft highline (2x areo) on the Helicopter Spire in Munds Canyon, Sedona, AZ [Wilson Cutbirth, Maxwell Sterling Silver, Robbi Ti]
- 12/29-12/30 - "Little Beach" 180ft highline (2x aero) up on Munds Mtn in Sedona, AZ [Wilson Cutbirth, Maxwell Sterling Silver, Robbi Ti]
- 1/3 - "???" 220ft midline (2x type 18) along Oak Creek Canyon outside Sedona, AZ Wilson Cutbirth, Maxwell Sterling Silver, Robbi Ti, Phillip Pedry]
10/11/2014 - "Half Dome Highline" 115ft (2x spidersilk) on the very top of Half Dome! All natural anchors. The first time Half Dome has been rigged with webbing and the third time ever rigged. Yosemite Valley, CA [Maxwell Sterling Silver, Ray Marceau, Basia Sobanska]
High Sierra Highline Expedition: 8/27 - 9/7/014
9/5 - 9/6/2014 - "Donkey Show 2014" 54ft highling (2x slackspec tubular) at 12,700ft between Mt. Gayley and Temple Craig in the Palisades region of the Sierra Nevada, CA [Jared Alden, Maxwell Sterling Silver, Wilson Cutbirth, Ben Plotkin-Swing, Ryan Robbinson]
- 9/3/2014 - 240ft waterline (2x spidersilk) and 130ft waterline (aero) at Third Lake in the Palisades region of the Sierra Nevada, CA [Jared Alden, Maxwell Sterling Silver, Wilson Cutbirth, Ben Plotkin-Swing, Ryan Robbinson]
- 9/1 - 9/2/2014 - "Chaost In Space" 108ft highline (2x slackspec tubular + 8.9mm dynamic rope) at 12,500ft on Temple Crag in the Palisades region of the Sierra Nevada, CA [Jared Alden, Maxwell Sterling Silver, Wilson Cutbirth, Ben Plotkin-Swing, Ryan Robbinson]
- 8/28/2014 - 210ft highline (2x slackspec tubular + 8.9mm dynamic) on the Eichorn Pinnacle of Cathedral Peak in Toulomne / Yosemite National Park, CA [Jerry Miszewski, Braden Mayfield, Jared Alden, Maxwell Sterling Silver, Wilson Cutbirth, Ben Plotkin-Swing, Ryan Robbinson]
7/30 - 8/11/2014 - "Master of the Universe" 96m highline (2x type 18), 67m highline (2x sonic), "Island King" 57m highline(2x type 18), 40m highline (2x rubberband), 20m highline (2x unknown webbing) at Kamp Ostrov, Czech Republic [Faith Dickey, Rafael Bindi, Tom Peek, Sarah Gmeiner, Samuel Volery, Danny Mensik, Yuri Rhodenborgh]
7/24 - 7/27/2014 - Urban Highline Festival (https://www.facebook.com/UrbanHighline)
6/23-24/2014 - 90ft highline (2xmilspec + rope) at 12,000ft above North Peak couloir on the boarder of Yosemite National Park, Sierra Nevada, CA [Braden Mayfield, Jared Alden, Ray Marceau]
6/20-21/2014 - 55ft highline (2x milspec) on "the Cleaver" against the Sawtooth Ridge, Sierra Nevada, CA [Braden Mayfield, Jared Alden, Ray Marceau, Cody Tuttle]
6/18/2014 - 120ft (milspec) and 250ft (2x vectran) waterlines on the Yuba River near Emerald Pools, Nevada City, CA [Ray Marceau, Jared Alden]
6/17/2014 - 40ft highine (2x milspec) in the Sierra Buttes, CA. An old school James Wayland repeat [Braden Mayfield, Jared Alden]
6/8/2014 - 90ft, 110ft, 180ft, and 40ft waterlines (type 18) at Stone Bear Cabins, CA [Laura Green, Mickey Clark, Maxwell Sterling Silver, Ryan Robinson, Jerry Miszewski, and Ray Marceau]
6/1/2014 - 80ft waterline (type 18) on the North Fork of the Yuba River, CA [Laura Green, Mickey Clark, Harris Allen]
5/25/2014 - 100ft waterline (type 18) Sonora Pass, CA [Ryan Robinson, Maxwell Sterling Silver]
5/16-18/2014 - 204ft Cascade Falls highline (2x type18) Yosemite National Park, CA [Jerry Miszewski, Ryan Robinson, Maxwell Sterling Silver, Cameron Gardner, Sara]
5/11/2014 - 200ft longling (2x spidersilk) and rodeoline (mantra) in Davis, CA [Dan Griffin, Jerry Miszewski]
5/8-9/2014 - 200ft highline (2x spidersilk) undisclosed project [Jerry Miszewski, Ryan Robinson, Maxwell Sterling Silver, Braden Mayfield, Ray Marceau]
5/1/2014 - 280ft longline (2x Spidersilk) in Davis, CA [Jerry Miszewski, Dan Griffin]
4/27/2014 - Undisclosed 278fy highline (2x type 18) Undisclosed Location, CA
4/26/2014 - 330ft longling (1x heavy) 530ft longling (1x 7/8" spider silk)
4/21/2014 - 500+ft longline (2x 7/8" spidersilk) in Davis, CA [Ryan Robison, Jerry Miszewski]
4/20/2014 - 240ft highline (2x type 18) at the Consumnes River Gorge, CA [Ray Marceau, Niklas Winter]
4/19/2014 - 280ft longline (2x spider silk) in Davis, CA [Dan Griffin]
4/17/2014 - 280ft longline (2x spider silk) in Davis, CA [me]
4/11-13/2014 - 129ft highline (2x type 18) at Casa Diablo Mtn, Eastern Sierra, CA [Maxwell Sterling Silver, Ray Marceau]
4/5/2014 - 240ft highline (2x type 18) at the Consumnes River Gorge, CA [Ryan Robinson, Jerry Miszewski]
3/30/2014 - 270ft longline (2x heavy/t18) and rodeoline (type 18) in the park in Davis, CA [Dan Griffin, Jerry Miszewski, Ryan Robinson, Carl Mars, Ben Plotkin-Swing, Chris Wilson]
3/21-30/2014 - Zion National Park, UT. The week consisted of 2 highlines (166ft and 286ft), 1 midline (156ft), 1 waterline (96ft), all on type 18 [Ben Plotkin-Swing, Carl Marrs, Chris Wilson]
BEGINING OF RIGGERS LOG:
March 2011 - randomly met Grischa "Simon" Rulle in Southern Thailand. Never had seen pulley and never got on a highline before.
July 2007 - set up a waterline in New Hampshire. 10m long and 10m high. A biker gang cruised up the country road to the spot and offered anyone $20 if they could walk it. We had just finished rigging. Other than some free gear this may be the only cash I've received for slacklining:)
Dec 2006 - The photo evidence goes back much further but this is of a slackline I rigged on a beach in Goa, India. It's one of my first 10 photos posted on facebook.
In the Beginning (1998) - Me, my brother, and a few friends walked 1" tubular climbspec in the backyard for over a decade.
My B&W Photography
My B&W Photography
Maxwell Sterling Silver walks between spires in Sedona, AZ
Maxwell Sterling Silver battles the wind high above Sedona, AZ
Jerry Miszewski on the World Record 1003ft highline at the Consumnes River Gorge, CA
Braden Mayfield on the Matthes Crest, Yosemite, CA Braden Mayfield on the Matthes Crest, Yosemite, CA Andy Lewis on a waterline on Koh Yao Noi island, Thailand Jerry Miszewski on a longline in Davis, CA Brian Mosbaugh on a cave waterline in Thailand Jerry Miszewski and Ryan Robinson in the Consumnes River Gorge, CA Jared Alden on the "floatline", Moab, UT Chris Wilson at Casa Diable Mtn, Eastern Sierra, CA Chris Rigby at the Consumnes River Gorge, CA Jared Alden on a ship line on the Dragon Heart in Thailand Jerry Miszewski at the Consumnes River Gorge, CA Jared Alden on "Robby's Line", El Portal, CA
- Sierra High Teaser: Sierra High Teaser
Our Big "Mule Trip" in the Palisades Region of the Sierra Nevada this past summer is making some news:
- Sidetracked Magazine: http://www.sidetracked.com/?p=5034&shareadraft=baba5034_545b8aac09fac
- Eddie Bauer Blog: http://blog.eddiebauer.com/2014/10/21/palisades-highlining-expedition-establishes-boltless-crossings-sierras/
A short film by Cody Tuttle on alpine highlines in the Eastern Sierra, CA.
- The Razors Edge: http://vimeo.com/104536143
- Razor's Edge Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfKhGVHPR7Y
Checkout these episodes about the Urban Highline Festival. Episode 1 features an original song by me accompanied by the one and only Andy Lewis :)
- Prelude: http://vimeo.com/103446202
- Episode 1: http://www.epictv.com/media/podcast/original-gangsters-of-slacklining-take-over-small-town-%7C-urban-highline-festival-ep-1/600276?header_b=1&b=1
Great quadcopter shot from Braden Mayfield of a highline over Cascade Falls, Yosemite, CA.
- Cascade Falls: http://vimeo.com/65402123
Teaser footage collected and edited by Brian Mosbaugh and Jon Lang from adventures at Smith Rock, OR Joshua Tree, CA and southern Thailand.
- Life on the Line: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
More great camera work by Braden Mayfield in the Alabama Hills of the Eastern Sierra, CA.
- Alabama Hills: http://vimeo.com/60144399
A video my brother Jared Alden (http://www.slacklinephotography.com/) made while visiting me in the Eastern Sierra, CA. Most footage is of a highline we established together on the Mammoth Crest, CA. Additional shots are from Smith Rock, OR.
- Pumped Up Kicks Slackline Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGpEZ_9YsN8