Balance Community will be closed from February 21 - March 2.
We are offering 10% off everything in the shop during this time. Please note, webbing discounts will be applied in the shopping cart.
All orders placed during this time will ship on March 3rd. Please Contact Us with any questions. Email is best as we may or may not be within service range.
- Does balancecommunity.com Collect Personally Identifiable Information?
- As an ecommerce website, we are required to collect certain data from our customers in order to fulfill their orders and ship them in a timely and efficient manner.
- What Personally Identifiable Info is Collected by balancecommunity.com?
- In order to provide you with quality service Balance Community LLC may gather the following personal information: salutation, full name, billing and shipping addresses, company name (if applicable), email address, phone/fax number (if applicable), other contact information, payment type (VISA, Check, Cash, etc.), credit card type/number/expiration date.
- How is the Personally Identifiable Info Used?
- How to opt in/out of emails/newsletter?
- You can choose to opt in or out of any emails sent by us by either contacting us by email or by regular mail. Or you can simply click the "Unsubscribe" button in any of our emails to you.
- How do we protect the security of your order information?
- We at Balance Community LLC are greatly concerned about your privacy and the security of your important personal information. We always use industry standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving any data that you exchange with our site. We employ the same industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology that is used by major banks and stock brokerage firms to conduct business via the Internet. This encryption procedure "scrambles" the information you send us and makes online transactions extremely safe.
- There is one notable exception that all US retailers must follow. The USA Patriot Act.
- On December 13th, 2003 US President George W. Bush signed into law portions of the expanded USA Patriot Act (Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2004). The Act included a simple, yet insidious, redefinition of "financial institution," which previously referred to banks, but now includes stockbrokers, car dealerships, casinos, credit card companies, insurance agencies, jewelers, airlines, the U.S. Post Office, and any other business "whose cash transactions have a high degree of usefulness in criminal, tax, or regulatory matters." In other words, even though I claim that you have privacy, the US Federal government can demand that I supply your information to them at any time, without a warrant, and that I cannot tell you or I will face criminal prosecution. The law really means that you have absolutely no privacy at all from the government. We just wanted to let our customers know that we protect your information as much as we can but the government can actually come and steal it from us which we cannot control.
- I highly doubt that this sort of thing will ever happen to us because slacklining isn't really an anti-patriotic activity, but it's always possible.